Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I can see clearly now the rain is gone!

Well I have some very exciting news for those of you who don't already know. I no longer need contacts or glasses... thats right I was brave and had Lasik Surgery. Its funny I would have thought I would have been super nervous. However I got a very different reaction.

I woke up the day of the surgery just so excited I was practically bouncing off the walls... for those of you that see me regularly I generally do bounce off the walls but not when I'm going to have a laser in my eye! :)

Anyway I go in to eye center and I was just chatting away with everyone I came in contact with... Also a very different reaction for me... as most of you know I am a very quiet person. Anyway, then the happy drugs kicked in... and I couldn't even tell a difference other than I was super tired... which made the actual surgery a little difficult. When they went to fix my left eye I kept falling asleep. YIKES! but no worries the lasers have been perfected enough to detect movement.

So by the next day I woke up with 20/20 vision yay! The only thing I have to deal with now is very dry eyes but at least thats just temporary! :)

4 comments:

Lyenna Kemp said...

Congrats, Crystal!!! I think laser eye surgery is amazing. Who'd have thought just 10 years ago it would be possible to have perfect eyesight with just a laser. It is absolutely fascinating. Anyway yay for no glasses, or contacts!!! Awesome.

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

We are so happy for you!!! We thought that you looked very beautiful when we saw you at East Canyon. What a marvelous invention!!! Your mom said that she took a movie of the whole thing.That would be very interesting for us to see.

Missy said...

You make me laugh. You are so funny! :) I'm gonna have laser in my eye too, some day.

Tina said...

Awesome! I've heard its like a miracle. Way to be brave!