Monday, March 9, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I've always been one to say "I hate shopping, I'm a get in get out kind of girl. Why would anyone love to shop, theres way to many people and the prices are so high who can afford this... not to mention have you seen the jeans they make these days... yeah right!" So as you can see Shopping was so not my thing any new clothes I got was because it was either my birthday or christmas and someone else went to the store for me!

Well recently I've realized that I love shopping. I love trying on new clothes. I love the smell. I love the joy in finding something that fits just right! I love the quick pick me up after having a bad day. (It's amazing how getting a new outfit will take away the pain of what ever!) I love how on good days I can shop and find something cute just because and it makes the good day even better! I love taking my time and just looking at all of my options. I love the prospect of finding the outfit that feels like it was made just for you. I love the snug fit of a brand new pair of jeans that make you feel like a million bucks!

Luckily I'm very aware of my finances so I don't charge my credit cards up the wazoo! However I can relate to the Confessions of a shopaholic... it is almost lke the stores speak to you!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I wish I could relate. I've never been able to afford to shop... period. My clothes all come from DI. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. Some day though... I hope. :-)

Tina said...

Oh, I am so with you on this!!!! I L.O.V.E. to shop. I haven't truly shopped since before Christmas because I have had to make some major changes regarding budgeting etc. but I LOVE the literal high I get from buying something new. And it doesn't even have to be for me. In fact, I love shopping for my girls. I love knowing they are going to look so cute. But you know something, although I haven't shopped for a while, I dont' miss it as much as I thought it would. Just make sure you are careful and don't use credit. If you want something so bad, save up for it and maybe by the time you have enough, you found something you want even more and the saving was worth it.
But OOOOOOHHHHHH, I wish I could just shop and had an unlimited amount of money to do it. That would be bliss! hehehhe