Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happily Ever After

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess who fell in love with a handsome prince. They met one day in the local village. The princess was taking her usual walk to get her endorphins going and the Prince was hungry and looking for a place to eat in the village... castle food can be so tiring. The princess was rounding the corner headed toward the forest when she bumped into the prince. He looked into her eyes and couldn't believe he was staring at the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He new immediately she was the girl of his dreams. They began talking the princess wondered how they had never met before. She would remember those piercing blue eyes. And a smile that could brighten any room.


From that day on they never left each others side. Life couldn't get any better than this. One day the prince took the princess on a walk to their corner where they met. He got down on one knee and said "will you make me the luckiest man in the world? Will you be my wife?" He told her he would love her forever and they would live happily ever after. And that is what they did. They lived happily ever after!

I realize I'm not living in a fairytale... nor am I any sort of princess... Me graceful... yeah right... I'm not expecting perfect.

I'm not expecting some guy in a suit of arms to come riding up to me in white stallion to tell me I'm the girl of his dreams as he rides me off into the sunset... although that does sound nice... I'm pretty sure if that happened I would be laughing at him.

I want someone who loves me. Someone I can call my best friend. I want someone I can go to church with. Someone who won't leave me feeling lonely. I want a man with a good smile and kind eyes. I want a man who can take a joke. I want a man who can laugh.

One day I'll find that kind of man. One day he'll take me in his arms and tell me that he loves me. One day... today is not that day unfortunately but with a list like that its gonna take time! So perhaps tomorrow will be the day or maybe the next day... someday! :)

2 comments:

Grandma Hand said...

You will find your kind, loving, handsome prince and even though you hurt during the process YOU DESERVE ONLY THE BEST AND THAT WILL COME!! I love you.

Lyenna Kemp said...

What happened?! Arrrgghhh! Men can be so lame. Crystal he's out there. I know he is, YOU deserve the very best!