Thursday, January 7, 2010

Funny how things work out...

Its been a while since I've been on this thing... I guess I've been a bit busy. My last blog showed just how frustrated I was. As most of you have seen that has changed quite a bit.

In november I decided to explore all of my dating options. So I joined LDS Singles. I was already on EHarmony... Anyway that increased my social life by like 100% I was averaging about 3 dates a week... it was great... and I got some really good awkward dating stories out of it.

However funny enough the guy I'm dating now I met on trax... Now before you go and think that I'm crazy let me explain. We were both waiting for the train in freezing weather so naturally we start talking about the weather. This is where the conversation went all the way into work:
Nick: Where are you from?
Me: Texas
Nick: What Part?
Me: Dallas
Nick: What part?
Me: Richardson
Nick: What part?
Me: By Plano?
Nick: I used to live by Berkner High School.
Me: Wow my siblings went there.
Nick: I wonder if we knew the same people... Did you know an Ann Marie Goodrum?
Me: She was in my ward growing up!
Nick: She was in my ward too... I was in the Garland 3rd Ward.
Me: NO WAY!!! I was in the Garland 3rd Ward.
Nick: Wait! Whats your name?
Me: Crystal Crowther
Nick: I'm Nick Rupp!
Me: Oh my heck you have got to be kidding me!

So for those of you who don't know... Nick and I went to pre-school together. I went to all of his birthday parties at chucky cheese up until he moved when he was 11. His dad was our home teacher for 3 years... Oh and just to add to all of this he actually works at Zions bank which is literally just down the street from where I work...

I mean seriously does this really happen to anyone??? Anyway we are now dating... taking it slow of course so we can get to know each other. Even though it feels like we've been dating for months we officially started dating December 23. He is seriously the cutest guy in the world... but if you talk to him he prefers to be called studley!!!

Anyway just thought I'd share my random story!!! ;)

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Haha that is the best "how did you meet" story ever! Wishing you all the best!

Lyenna Kemp said...

Crazy small worlds:) I LOVE IT!!! Right time, right place, awesome!

Missy said...

He is so cute with Cookie. I sure hope Cookie warms up soon. I can tell he likes him.
He just needs to get used to him. Nick takes it well though. My kids are just kind of reserved I guess. They'll warm up.
I told Cookie that Nick was a super hero. Nick can take that however far he wants. When he carried that ginormous table out, I think that proved what I said was true. "Whoa!"
That muscle thing was good; when he checked Cookie's muscles. Cookie liked that. Ashley thought the magic was amazing.