Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Nerves

With the start of the school year brings more stress! The good news is I'm almost done. When I read Nikki's blog it brought me back to my first semester of college:

I woke up at 6:00 AM my stomach was all in knots! I had no idea what to expect. I couldn't eat breakfast that morning because I thought I would lose it. My hands were soaking. I went through the items in my bag several times... I didn't want to be called on unprepared. Mom drove me to school that day... the air conditioning was going full blast... this seems to be the only thing that can stop the nausea when i'm nervous! Mom wished me luck once we got to the school... I gave her a shakey smile and headed off to my first class.

I remember thinking... I'm not cut out for school... I'm not smart enough for this. What was I thinking? Why am I putting myself through this torture? This can't be healthy!

Now here I am 6 years later my last semester at SLCC... its amazing how things have changed. I even forgot when school started this year. I had no butterflies just utter exhaustion... I fell asleep in both classes, there are no trace of nerves in my system just the mundane routine of going to work then from work to school. I never thought I would get use to this. Now I'm glad I'm almost done... at SLCC anyway then its off to the U where my nerves will probably take over again!

Anyway so for those that have started the school year this year **Cough** NIkkole **Cough** It gets easier. I don't think anyone feels totally confident their first semester. It only feels that you are the only one feeling this way because you can only feel what your feeling and you see that those around you appear confident. But trust me YOu can do this. And pretty soon you will be where I am... You'll probably get there a lot sooner! And hey maybe we'll graduate at the same time!! :)

Have a Great DAY!!

3 comments:

Becky Glover said...

Wow I haven't been to your blog for a little while and now it's all Jazzy and sparkly. I love the makeover! Yeah those first semesters are not fun, well they are but in a freakish coming out of your comfort zone kinda way. My first semester in college I took 2 aerobics classes so I would have aerobics M-F at 6:00 A.M. and one other fluff class. I shouldn't have spent the money but my then boyfriend made me register - I guess I wasn't good enough for him if I wasn't educated. Good think I DROPPED HIM :) Sounds like you're doing good!

penni said...

Way to go Crystal! you have come so far. I'm really proud of you and what you have learned. Not just in school but about yourself. I expect great things coming this year! Love ya

Missy said...

I liked what you said to Nikkole. She can do it, if she really wants it. I really glad you're almost done. Finally-huh? Yeah, I bet you're feelin it. Good to be done.