Thursday, August 21, 2008

Water Balloons

As most of you are aware I am the Enrichment Chairperson in my ward. Yikes!! talk about a busy calling... I've had meetings after church every sunday since I've been called. And now that school has started my life has gotten dramatically busier... as if I wasn't busy already.

Anyway so for a few weeks now we have been planning a BBQ with the 41st wards elders quorum... we don't have a lot of guys in our ward so our bishopric thought it would be a good idea to get to know the other wards elders quorum... Anyway so I have the job of filling up a bag of water balloons. So I thought well I'll do that the night before since I have class just before the activity. So after my wednesday night class (9:30) I go in search of water balloons. I didn't realize a bag of water balloons was 250. I got home around 10:30 (I'm not sure why it took me an hour but it did) Anyway so I start my quest in filling up these water balloons.... just a side note I've never been good at tieing balloons. So I fill up the first balloon and it was going well the water was running the balloon was getting bigger.... I take the balloon off the faucet and now I have my least favorite part of tieing the dang thing. so I take the end and wrap it around my finger the next thing I know the balloon slips out of my hand, I'm drenched and so is my kitchen... yikes... This happened with about half the balloons! But I think I only filled about 30 of my 250. I decided around 11:30 that I should get some sleep.

Moral of the story... don't put me in charge of water balloons!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

penni said...

Oh Crystal, You didn't tell me. How funny you are! Next time tell people to fill up their own balloons. 250 balloons you would have been up all night. How did it go anyway? Love ya! I can't wait to hear from you today.