Sunday, January 25, 2009

A few things I've learned over the past week

This week has been everything but expected. But there are several things I've learned. I have to write them down so that I remember that I learned them.

1. Family is number 1. They are the ones that are there for you no matter what!
2. When you need help don't be afraid to ask. ( this is huge for me.... I think I'm a bit of a control freak!! :))
3. Remember the lord is always there and he always has a plan... even though it may not be what you expect or what you planned for yourself... trust me his plan is better though it may not appear to be the case on the outside.
4. Good friends are so important. Like it or not they really do impact our decisions! When times get rough true friends are there to offer a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen.

Like I said it was just a few things but if I don't write it down I'll probably forget when the next trial comes my way. I know this because the lord seems to really want me to learn how to ask for help and rely on others. :) Who would have thought!!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Amen to that.

Tina said...

wow, very positive. Although I know very little of anything going on with you or the family, life is hard and the only people we can truly count on is family because they will never go away....hahaha I mean that in a good way of course.
Our prayers are with your family right now. Hope all is better.

Diane said...

Thanks for the reminder. The last two weeks HAVE been proof that these are the things that are important. Sure do love you!