Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Sweat the Soreness... The prices we pay to be fit!!

So as some of you may have read in Nikkole's Blog, I am training for a marathon. And yes while I am only running 5 miles... 5 miles is a lot for me.

I'm the girl in the gym class who just didn't have it. Every friday we had to run a mile and a half and those that made it in 14 minutes could just walk the next week. I wanted so much to be part of that group. So one friday I decided to go for it. So I ran my hear out being very careful to count each lap... Well I ran the mile and half in 15 minutes. Yep I was a minute short and so sick I could hardly stand. So my teacher watching me run throughout the 15 minutes said... "I think you ran an extra lap" So I ended up being able to walk the next week. But I know I didn't he just felt so bad for me. Pathetic I know but it'll get better the more I do it right?

Yesterday was day 2 of training... I'm super sore but I love it. Although I have a lot of work ahead of me if I'm going to be ready for the 5 miles, just ask Nikkole and Justin! But they have been a huge help. Anyway thats all for now :)

7 comments:

Tina said...

YOU GO GIRL! I wish I had the desire to run like that but all the running I enjoy involves a ball in my hand.

Jeta said...

Good job Crys! Keep it up! I'm glad that you coach was nice to you and lt you walk the next week. (smile) Take it however you can, especially when you work so hard!

Love ya

Lyenna Kemp said...

Awesome Crystal! Remember it has to get worse before it gets better, but once it's better, it's AMAZING!

Missy said...

It does get better. It's pretty life-affirming to be able to push yourself physically to the next level like that. Feels great! You're gonna be proud of yourself.

Michael said...

Keep it up. That sore feeling hurts so good, right?

Diane said...

Way to go!!! I'm really proud of you! I've never been a distance runner (course I never really trained to be one). I remember running the 600 when I was in the fifth grade and passed out after I finished it. They really never had us warm up and cool down, they just made us run. Thus, I've never thought I could do it. I've been thinking about it lately though. Good luck! You'll be ready for it in no time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the support guys!! And good news I actually ran 45 minutes non stop today!!! yay! it was almost 3 miles which may not seem like a lot but it is for me! :)