Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lemons anyone?

You know the saying when life throws you lemons make lemonade... well I've had my fair share of lemons and I'm not really good at making lemonade, I'm more than willing to share! Any takers?

So for the past week I have gotten very little sleep because our lovely apartment doesn't have air conditioning and the fan I bought broke the day after I bought it. So yesterday I went to exchange it and got a new fan only to find that this new fan didn't have all of the pieces I would need to put it together... AAAH I wanted to throw it out the window.

On top of it all I failed my first accounting test... no surprise accounting isn't my favorite subject its more a means to an end but to fail it yikes...

And then today as I was getting off the bus to go to work my shoe broke so I spent the first hour and a half of work shopping for new shoes... yeah talk about your case of lemons! you would think I got my case from cosco or something!

So now I ask again anyone for some lemons? I've got a whole case here ready to be taken... I won't even charge...!!!

Ok now to think of something positive.... I'm currently training for a marathon... its been really fun so far... I'm mainly doing it so I can get into shape but I have heard there are lots of really good looking guys that run so that adds some motivation!!! :) We'll see how long I last I'm not much of a runner just ask Justin and Nikkole... they about died of laughter when I told them I was training for a marathon and not that I blame them it is kind of a funny thought! :)

Alright well thats it for today!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Way to go training for a marathon. I detest running, unless I have a basketball in my hand and I am actually running for the basket.
As far as lemons go, I totally understand. Some days, weeks or even months can feel like that but just think of how sweet life will be when you make it through this sour spot.
Unfortunately there are ALWAYS going to be lemons in life...we have to take the good and the bad and just get better because of it.
You will do better on your next accounting test because you now have the motivation to pass it.
YOU HAVE NEW PAIR OF SHOES, what could be better than that????
And the fan, well, just go buy a fully assembled one, like a turbo fan that blows hurricane force wind...hahah jk, but buy one fully assembled and there you go.
I know, I make it sound so easy.
Keep on running. Exercise helps everything!
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!

Alinde said...

yeah I know how those days go, I'm sorry its been so bad. I'd take some of those lemons, but the shipping alone would be a bundle more than you have and to top that i have about 25 cases sitting in the other room with no place to go. (smile)

You always make me smile. I love to hear the comments you make when your frustrated because you are so FUNNY! you should be a stand up comic!

Stupid fan! I know those lemons, they make about 8 of my cases in the other room.... 4 of them were pregnancy related. (smile) 10 times worse! (smile) I think they dubbled the lemons in those cases. (smile)

as for the running thing, i'm proud of you, I have to admit the first time I heard Nikki was running with her best friend I laughed my head off. then she actually liked it and did it more. And now look at her. i just know you'll get there too! (smile)
anyway-
love ya
Aimee
Are there any more posts? let me go check!
I'm off to go check....

Alinde said...

PS I'm glad you and kimberly and robyn don't have me on your favorites, heaven forbid the about of fans I would have clicking on my page just trying to see my insignificant blog. (smile) Love ya
Aimee

PS I was just kidding, you can have whom ever you like on there, it's okay that you don't have me. (I know mine is so bad to read all my whining and stuff....like I'm doing right now.....(smile)

Love ya
aimee
lemons anyone? (smile) ha haa ha

Becky Glover said...

crystal - is there anything but lemmons in life these days? I shouldn't say that I have my health and the health of my kids right! The running thing, I get it and that's totally awesome. I never trained for a marathon but did run in some small 5ks a few years back. I would train out of fear of coming in last. I never did,but pretty close. I remember my soccer coach telling us that running is like taking a knife and cutting the fat right off your body. I guess I need to get back to, of course my treadmill is broken and it's too hot here in AZ. Keep you chin up, and keep smiling!

Pcrowther said...

You are so funny! I remember the day you broke your shoe! I know that some days are just full of challenges but, you are a fighter. You never let it get to you for long. It sure makes a good story huh. I can't believe you are living without airconditioning. I remember those days very well. I'm glad you come to visit me and cool off. Just remember that stuff happens to all of us. Its what you do with it that makes the difference. Laugh and enjoy your new shoes. I LOVE YOU LOTS

pzierse said...

Crystal,
Love your hair cut and your beautiful smile.. Thank for coming to the Batism for Nathaniel. The sandals you got when you replaced your shoe, are really cute!! love ya Pat